About Expert Firearm Attorney David Katz
David Katz is an Expert Firearm Attorney and has been practicing law for over 14 years. He began his career as a prosecutor in Seminole County, Florida. There, he gained invaluable experience analyzing how state and federal gun crimes were prosecuted. After serving as a prosecutor, he formed his own law firm with James Phillips, Jr. Together, they have successfully represented thousands of clients who were facing criminal charges, including gun crime charges.
David Wrote the Book on Florida Gun Law
Together with Mr. Phillips, David wrote the book on Florida gun law. Florida Gun Law: Armed and Educated, has received praise from professional organizations and readers alike. David is a strong advocate of the Second Amendment. He believes it is your right as an American citizen to own a firearm. Further, as one of the Expert Firearm Attorneys at the Firearm Firm, David often speaks throughout the State of Florida. Topics range from gun laws, gun owners’ rights and the second amendment and on how to survive an active shooter encounter. David has appeared at more than 100 gun law seminars and workshops as the featured speaker in the last 5 years.
David has received many professional accolades, including:
- Receiving an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available.
- Inclusion in the Super Lawyers -Super Lawyer Edition in his first year of eligibility.
- Inclusion in the Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition each year from 2013 to 2017.
- Receiving a Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell every year since 2013. This award is given to fewer than one percent of more than 900,000 attorneys listed nationwide on Martindale-Hubbell sites.
- Recognition as one of Central Florida’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2013 by the National Trial Lawyers.
- Receiving a Preeminent Client Rating from Martindale-Hubbell each year since 2012.
- Receiving a Client Choice Award from Avvo in 2012.
- Recognition in Newsweek Magazine’s 2012 National Showcase of Leading Criminal Lawyers.
- Receiving a 10 out of 10 Superb Client Rating on Avvo each year since 2011.
Statewide Firearm Attorney for U.S. LawShield
David is also a Florida statewide firearm attorney for U.S. LawShield, Firearm Owner’s Protection Program. As such, he represents over 45,000 gun owners throughout the state in firearm-related matters. He brings this experience to Katz & Phillips to represent clients throughout Florida. David strongly agrees with Thomas Jefferson when he quoted Cesare Beccaria an 18th-century criminologist that:
“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” – Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th-century criminologist Cesare Beccaria).
Get in touch
"*" indicates required fields